The best dates start with confidence. Whether you’re getting ready to head out on a first date or you’re hitting the town with a long-time companion, you’ll have a better time if you feel comfortable and self-assured. Here are some tips on how to rock sneakers on a date.
Coordinate With Your Outfit
Sneakers like diadora shoes can go with a wide range of outfits, from jeans and a T-shirt to a sporty dress. Depending on the level of fanciness your date will entail, there are many ways to pair sneakers with a romance-worthy outfit. Consider these options for attire that goes well with puma shoes for sale online.
- Jeans + Button-Down: Denim in a dark wash is a classic choice to go with nearly any outfit. Rock a pair of dark jeans with a long-sleeved flannel shirt for a daytime outing in chilly weather. Or opt for a solid-colored, crisp Oxford shirt to dress the look up for a dinner date. Either option goes well with a pair of white, black or other neutral sneakers.
- Dress + Bomber Jacket: A cotton or other soft-fabric dress is a great choice to stay comfortable on your date while still looking dressed up for the occasion. Match your favorite dress with a bomber jacket to add layers to the look. Use an Asics promotional code to complete the ensemble with a new pair of classic sneakers.
- Sweater + Chinos: Clean-lined pants with a merino wool sweater is a great option to look put-together and stay warm during a chilly night out. Go for a dark blue or grey sweater in a V-neck style, then coordinate with a pair of khaki trousers with a tapered fit. Grab a pair of white sneakers to complete the outfit.
- Suit Jacket + Jeans: A slim-fit suit jacket or blazer instantly dresses up any look for a classy dinner or dressy event. Pair a suit jacket with a solid-colored, button-down shirt and a nice pair of dark-wash jeans. Add retro sneakers in white, black or blue for an ideal mix of buttoned-up style and comfort.
The right pair of sneakers can go with nearly any date-night outfit.
Choose Your Activity
The best choice for footwear will depend on where you’re headed for your date. Dinner and a show requires a different wardrobe from a sunny afternoon stroll in the park. For evening dates, sneakers can help add style and comfort while you’re in transit from one activity to the next. For daytime excursions, sneakers are a nice choice for being able to handle any type of activity without having to worry about your feet getting sore. Here are a few date ideas that make sneakers the obvious footwear choice.
- Dinner + Drinks: Head to dinner at a trendy, casual restaurant, followed by walking to a bar or coffee shop for a drink and dessert.
- Artistic Exploration: Pick a neighborhood with plenty of cultural attractions like art galleries and boutiques, then hop from one to the next to take in the sights.
- Stroll in the Park: Pack a picnic basket full of snacks and beverages and enjoy a day in a neighborhood park.
No matter what your date has in store, finishing your outfit with a pair of sneakers keeps you comfortable and stylish.