The 2016 classic, Pokémon Go was one of the most played augmented reality games developed by Niantic along with The Pokémon Company for Android and iOS devices. The game also resulted in a collaboration between Nintendo, Niantic and The Pokémon Company. Users can use GPS from mobile devices to locate, battle, capture and train some virtual creatures called Pokémon. These guys can be found almost everywhere and can appear as if real-world players are roaming around in the Pokémon World. You can get the game for free and get in-app purchases if you want to use more in-game items. The game had around 150 species of Pokémon when the game was launched which reached around 600 later on.
For many people, Pokémon Go was more than just a game. It was a way to generate more revenue by:
- Submitting a request form and getting a PokéStop or a Gym on a location where you have your business or store. When a user taps and looks for a PokéStop they get to see their business profile and there were many malls, parks and other large areas where people find some Pokémon Gyms and get engaged in battles with other players.
- Businesses used to invite people to play on or nearby their business premises to boost their social engagement using the game or turn it into a contest where different Pokémon trainers can compete and post that on their social media profiles.
- Many businesses offer free Wi-Fi and phone charging stations at their premises for people who like to play the game. Users and businesses can use their social media channels and window signage so that people can know what is offered and they will feel like playing and welcomed every time. Businesses can offer social media signage to let people know that your business offers free Wi-Fi and charging stations for Pokémon Go players. Apart from that, there are some amazing and affordable Cox Internet and Cox cable packages that can help players to use the internet throughout America as well.
- You can ask players to use location, social media tags and hashtags on their photos. This will get you an opportunity to engage users on social media as well as this will get businesses and players some social media exposure where players can share their favorite photos with the Pokémon they have captured. Make sure that you track down public mentions and thank players for coming to your store or mall and get further engagement with customers and fans.
- Encourage players who come to your store to check-in while they are playing and finding Pokémon. This can become one of the ways to boost social engagement. This will capture the attention of other players who might want to come to your shop, store or mall and get some new reviews on your Facebook page.
Apart from that, there are more multiple ways to engage users and market your products, services and business using the game. On top of that, here is something more interesting about Pokémon Go. The game has some rare Pokémon that you might get lucky if you find them. Here is a list of such amazing creatures.
Onix is a Rock Snake Pokémon that has a body structure that looks more like a serpent made of large-sized gray boulders and small-sized pebbles. It has a long horn at the top of its head and small eyes. Onix’s abilities including Rock Head that prevents Onix from recoiling and Sturdy gets Onix with immunity to OHKO moves. When Onix burrows under the ground, it can cause earthquakes and shocks and can dig up to around 50 MPH. There is a compass inside Onix’s brain that can help this gigantic Pokémon to know where it is heading.
The Dragon-type Pokémon looks like circular and white color Pokémon with a gem-like object on its forehead with light purple eyes. It has wings at the sides of its head and grows to an enormous height when it evolves. It also has a white belly with the rest of the body in light blue color. It looks like a snake or a sea serpent and is large in size and shed their skin as they grow larger. These guys come up with a large amount of energy that increases in their body giving them immense strength.
This is a Fire-type Pokémon that looks like a puppy. Growlithe has black stripes on its bright orange fur with fluff on top of its belly, the top of its head. There is no gender difference when it comes to this type of Pokémon. You can see Growlithe to flash fire and intimidate that raises Growlithe’s attack if it gets hit by a fire type offense. These guys are loyal and protective and often bite without giving out a warning if they are not trained well.
These are a few more rare Pokémon that you can find while you are playing Pokémon Go including Skarmory, Qwilfish, Sudowoodo, Mantine, Vulpix, Sandshrew, Magmar and others. Playing Pokémon Go offers users including AR gamers and fans of the Pokémon series. Apart from that, different businesses can also benefit from the game as well by using the game’s ability to get users to different places and locations including many recreational spots, cafes, restaurants, hotels, office buildings and so many other places.
About Caroline Eastman:
Caroline is doing her graduation in IT from the University of South California but keens to work as a freelance blogger. She loves to write on the latest information about IoT, technology, and business. She has innovative ideas and shares her experience with her readers.