If you are about to buy a diamond, your impulse will charge you to look into the four Cs of the gemstone—cut, carat weight, color, and clarity. Among these four Cs, though, one of the main concerns of many clients is the diamond cut. We deem this is your question too since you are reading this article.
Are you, then, planning to purchase natural diamonds, or do you want to try the equally sparkling but more affordable lab-grown Vancouver diamonds? Whatever you decide on, we will give you the answer to the question at hand.
What Diamonds Look the Biggest Based on Cut?
1. Round cut. This cut will easily top the most popular list of diamond cut among others. The 58 facets that comprise a circle make the gemstone look bigger and shine brighter. You can choose a diamond size to your liking and get a fat-looking stone in any case.
2. Oval cut. When you want something a little different but still close to the round shape, you can opt for the oval diamond cut. Its stretched-out sphere-shaped outline gives an appearance of a bigger diamond than its actual size. This will also look flattering on your hand by making your fingers long and candle-like.
3. Emerald cut. This emerald cut is four-sided. It has big facets that give an illusion of a “box of mirror” semblance when you try to look closer. This diamond cut makes the gemstone seem bigger and sparkle brighter.
4. Marquis cut. This diamond cut is something you don’t see every day, making it one of the rare cuts. Like the oval and emerald cut, the diamond appears bigger than its real size because of its drawn-out shape that resembles a miniature football.
5. Princess cut. If your style is a little quirky, you will want to slip on this a modern diamond cut. This princess cut has a square shape that consists of manifold facets. If you want an edgy look, the princess cut will surely give you delight. You just have to be extra careful with this because this cut will tend to snag your clothes.
Does Size Matter?
When it comes to Vancouver diamonds, size is not everything. What matters most is the overall style of the ring. But if you still want the biggest-looking diamond, then you just have to choose from our carefully selected list.